25 August 2010

Meme: My life as a book

I learned about this funny meme from Dorte, but it was originally posted on the Pop Culture Nerd blog. The rules are simple: answer the question using only titles of books you have read this year. This was quite a challenge, but I finally did it. The links will take you to my reviews/discussions of the books. By the way, this very nearly became "My life as a Book: Edward Gorey Edition", but a couple of the questions posed insurmountable difficulties.

  • In high school I was: Devil's Cub (Georgette Heyer)
  • People might be surprised I’m: My Lady Notorious (Jo Beverley)
  • I will never be: Welcome to Temptation (Jennifer Crusie)
  • My fantasy job is: Making Money (Terry Pratchett)
  • At the end of a long day I need: A Rare Benedictine (Ellis Peters) (the liqueur. I can do without monks, thank you very much!)
  • I hate it when: Death takes up a Collection (Sister Carol Anne O‘Marie)
  • Wish I had: The Curious Sofa (Edward Gorey)
  • My family reunions are: Wild (Lori Foster)
  • At a party you’d find me with: The Loathsome Couple (Edward Gorey)
  • I’ve never been to: The White Castle (Orhan Pamuk)
  • A happy day includes: Cider with Rosie (Laurie Lee)
  • Motto I live by: Trust Me (Jayne Ann Krentz)
  • On my bucket list: Finding the Dream (Nora Roberts)
  • In my next life, I want to be: Faro's Daughter (Georgette Heyer)

3 comments:

Dorte H said...

Great!

The only one I had trouble with was "I hate it when" - you have a splendid title there.

Pop Culture Nerd said...

Hahaha! I like your dream job! I'm curious about why you're notorious and why you hang out with loathsome people at parties.

Thanks for sharing your answers. Isn't this fun?

Bibliophile said...

Pop, this is such great fun - takes the meme idea to a whole new level. As to the titles: at parties I always seem to get cornered by ordinarily nice people people who do a Mr. Hyde transformation when they're drunk. The Notorious has to do with an entirely separate web identity...