I made good progress with the challenges in January, finishing 7 TBR books, two Top Mystery Challenge books, and one What‘s in a Name Challenge book, and furthermore I reviewed a Buchmesse Frankfurt challenge book.
Of my two rereads, one I read to re-familiarise myself with a story that began in a book I read in 2008 and the other was my final reread in the Discworld Watch sub-series. Now I am ready for Snuff when it comes out in October. Both non-challenge books were what I like to call „memoirs of place“. One is an account of a stay in Marrakesh, Morocco, in the 1950s, and the other is a mixture of a memoir of place and a conventional memoir.
The books were:
- Suzanne Brockmann : Hot Target (reread) and All Through the Night. Romantic thrillers
- Elias Canetti : The Voices of Marrakesh. Memoir of place.
- Raymond Chandler : The Big Sleep. Detective novel.
- Jennifer Crusie : What the Lady Wants. Detective romance.
- Hugh Greene ed.: More Rivals of Sherlock Holmes. Short stories about detectives.
- John Grisham : The Firm. Thriller.
- Bill Holm : The Windows of Brimnes. Memoir of place.
- Ed McBain : Shotgun. Police procedural.
- Pete McCarthy : McCarthy's Bar. Travelogue.
- Terry Pratchett : Night Watch (reread). Fantasy detective novel.
The annual report for 2010 is ready and will be posted some time in the next few days.