03 February 2017

Friday links, 3 February 2017

This week I'm featuring mostly new (or new-ish) links:

Language-related: English has 3000 words for being drunk. Why does this not surprise me?

Book cover design: Top Five Ways to Have an Awful Book Cover. Warning: contains snark.

More on book covers: Delightfully Macabre, Vintage Edgar Allan Poe Book Covers. I wouldn't mind owning some of these.

Discussing a trilogy of books I have been planning to read: Sigrid Undset's Kristin Lavransdatter. It's really just a question of whether I should read the Icelandic translation or if I should try to read the original Norwegian edition.

About food scenes in books: The Best Food Scenes in British Literature, according to one writer.

3 comments:

Erin @ Quixotic Magpie said...

Ooo some of those Poe covers are awesome!! And yeah, the 3000 words doesn't surprise me either! Thanks for sharing these!

Webistrator said...

Try Sigrid Undset's "Gunnar's Daughter" and if you like that you will be happy to read the trilogy...and if you can read the original in Norwegian, even better!

Bibliophile said...

Erin, I'm actually kind of surprised there aren't more!

Webistrator, thanks for the recommendation.