- Today's first link will lead you straight down a rabbit hole, or possibly a black hole. Whenever I go to the TV Tropes website, I generally emerge an hour or so later, out of breath and disoriented, and sated with information. It may be called TV Tropes, but trust me, it's actually about tropes in various different kinds of media, books included. The link will take you to the information page. Have fun!
- An interesting article about Stefan Zweig: The Escape Artist. I have been planning to read The World of Yesterday, but I need to be in the right frame of mind to start.
- An insight into literary criticism: Why Great Critics Make Disastrous Judgments.
- Ever heard about bibliomania? Here's an interesting article: Bibliomania, the Dark Desire For Books That Infected Europein the 1800s.
- Book Designs Booksellers Hate! I hate some of these too, for much the same reasons.
- Today's list is 10 German books you have to read before you die. Actually, you don't have to, but with a title like that, you can bet the recommendations will be good.
The book I want to read is one I think I'd also want to own, because it's about language.
Taxonomy, to be precise: