19 August 2016

5 Links on a Friday #1

I come across a number of links to articles, blog entries and news items about books and reading when I'm web-browsing in my free time and occasionally also when I'm doing web searches at work. I have decided to post the interesting ones about reading and books for others to enjoy. (Here are some of the other links).

Whenever I have gathered five links I want to recommend, I'll post them. Here is the first batch:

Frivolous post, but true sentiments:
14 Thoughts You Have When Someone Tries To Talk To You WhileYou're Reading.
This is .gif heavy, but I have had some of these thoughts when interrupted while reading. I'll add the one that they didn't post: "I'll fucking deck you if you interrupt me again!" (she didn't just interrupt me, she did it by tickling me).

Interesting:
The working titles of famous novels from Pride and Prejudice to 1984. 
Trimalchio in West Egg just doesn't have the same ring as The Great Gatsby, does it?


A subject close to my heart:  
I am not a literary translator myself, but I have translated bits and pieces that have been published, and I know how difficult it is. (I'm a legal and tech translator, btw). 

Something for the TBR list:


On my favourite comic strip: 
I cannot even begin to express my feelings for Calvin and Hobbes.

No comments: