- These cover artists were really just asking for it: Longmire does romance novels.
- Some of the comments are funny, some not so funny, but this blog showcases a lot of bad romance covers: Uncle Walter's Bad Romance Novel Covers.
- There are some wonderful comments here, and the repetitive element is really brought to the fore:The Smart Bitches snark romance covers.
- Here the Smart Bitches and friends play around with both ridiculous artwork and ridiculous titles: The Smart Bitches' romance cover caption contests.
- This one is about book covers and titles in general, but features enough romance covers to warrant inclusion here: Judge a Book by its Cover.
- Finally here is a bonus random romance title generator. There are actually several in existence and they cover all kinds of titles, not just romances.
I am thinking about bringing back to life an old feature of this blog: the cover snark/analysis/discussion. Actually, I would like to do more than just criticise bad covers. I want to discuss covers in general and showcase some examples I have come across. I have started updating three posts I made on the subject on my ancient book blog and I have a number of covers lined up for discussion. We shall have to see what happens after that and whether I have the stamina to keep it going.