Taking bibliophilia to the next level

I’ve signed up for a bookbinding course. It has always saddened me to see books that are in bad condition, bindings falling apart and covers falling off, and I have some at home that I want to repair. Having a book rebound is expensive – in fact it often costs more than buying a new copy, and I expect that by repairing about 6 books I will have recouped the cost of the course. Plus, my grandmother has stopped her bookbinding activities and has promised to give me all her equipment once I have done the course, so I will not need to buy equipment. She has everything but a guillotine (book-cutter) and letter stamps, but I will only need those if I need to put new covers on a book or make a book from scratch.

I am supposed to bring some bound books to experiment on, scissors, a sharp pocket knife and a darning needle.
---------

Now, if someone can explain to me why comments that are posted to my Blogger blogs have suddenly stopped getting e-mailed to me? I still have the e-mail option on, but I only get an e-mail after I have approved the comment.

Comments

jenclair said…
Trying going to Settings, then to Comments, then scroll down to Comment Notification Address. See if your email address is listed. That is all I can think of...
Bjorn said…
bjossi her.... i write in english as it is easier... my sister is the nordic studies libarian at the university of washington and i think that you might have some things in common.
zia said…
You review nailed this on the head. To wit: The book was irritating, but one couldn't stop reading!

Popular Posts