I always have fun doing the What's in a Name reading challenge, and this year was no exception. I signed up for it on July 28, and it took me just under two weeks to read and review the first five books - and 2 1/2 months to find, read and review the sixth and last book.
I posted my first review on August 1, the day after I finished it, and the last one I posted on October 22, two days after I finished it.
The books and categories were, in order of reviewing:
- A building. Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones.
- An alliterative title. Dr. Mütter's Marvels by Cristin O'Keefe Aptowicz.
- A compass direction. West With the Night by Beryl Markham.
- An item or items of cutlery. A Knife at the Opera by Susannah Stacey.
- The letter X in the title. Alexandria by Nich Bantock.
- A number in numbers in the title. 1968 by Mark Kurlansky.
As for reading enjoyment, the order goes like this, from most to least enjoyable:
Howl's Moving Castle - West With the Night - Alexandria - Dr. Mütter's Marvels - 1968- A Knife at the Opera.
Of the six, I only want to reread for first two. I am keeping those, and also Alexandria, because it's a work of art, plus if I ever get my hands on the other two books in the trilogy, I want to be able to read them all in the right order.